KOWA American is announcing an aqueous based defoamer line for use in water based coatings, adhesives and inks.
KOWA AMERICAN DEFOAMER PRODUCT LINE
- K-D FOAM 4 This type of oil based defoamer has been and remains the state of the art for use in high volume, flat architectural paint systems. It can also be used and is cost effective for many higher latex semi-gloss architectural paints.
- K-D FOAM 8 This type of high silica oil based defoamer performs well in architectural flats, and also on all semi-gloss paint systems. It is generally a stronger defoamer than K-D FOAM 4 in semi-gloss paint. It can also find application in some higher gloss systems.
- K-D FOAM 20 is a water dispersible, highly versatile oil based defoamer based upon proven technology. This product has excellent compatibly in most water based paints, coatings, latex, adhesives, and ink systems yet offers good defoaming performance.
- K-D FOAM 24 This newer, dispersible, oil based defoamer is similar to K-D FOAM 20 with the exception that its main active component is entirely different. Thus, it may perform better or be more compatible in some water based paint, coating, latex, or adhesive systems
- K-D FOAM 30 is a mineral oil and silicone free, broad spectrum, synthetic defoamer which can be used in aqueous semi-gloss, and gloss paints, coatings, printing inks, adhesives, lattices. This defoamer has minimal gloss reduction and is compliant with most CFR 21 sections.
- K-D FOAM 36 This is a water dispersible, oil based defoamer which is very versatile and can be used in adhesives, and water based inks, as well as paint and coatings. It is highly compatible in many systems and is ideal if a plant wants one product for multiple applications.
- K-D FOAM 39 This defoamer is a powerful 100% active silicone based product. It is designed to be used at low levels (0.25-1.0 lbs. /100 gal) in the grind phase of aqueous paint systems where traditional defoamers are not cost effective. K-D FOAM 39 should not be used in the letdown phase.
- K-D FOAM 45 This is a cost effective, dispersible oil based defoamer designed specifically for use in adhesives. As such it is silicone free and contains no APE based emulsifiers.
- K-D FOAM 50 This is a new, cost effective oil based defoamer for use in flat and many semi-gloss paint systems.